What is Telemedicine?
- Telemedicine allows a patient to visit with a physician over a video link on their computer or similar device.
Why use Telemedicine?
- Some patients find it difficult to travel to the doctor's office for any number of reasons. Telemedicine can be a great option for patients with unique challenges or those who are in situations making it difficult to travel to receive traditional care.
Does Telemedicine replace the need to see a physician in person?
- The purpose of this service is to provide a medical consultation but will not completely replace face-to-face medical care.
- If the patient lives in a different city from the physician, it is important to have a local treating physician available in case of emergencies.
- Also, the physician may not have a license to treat patients in some states and will need the help of a local care provider to help prescribe medications and order tests. If that is the case, a written letter will be provided to both the patient and the health care provider with detailed instructions.
Is Telemedicine safe?
- Yes. We are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring your safety. We use an online service which utilizes a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Have more questions?
- Give our office a call or send us a message and we will be happy to answer any questions for you and see if Telemedicine is right for you.